Wahay Friday 09/10/15
Great effort from Gortex with his Barcelona Ironman and Skells sums up his year:
Chris Gore has now completed an amazing year of sporting challenges in 2015 for o2e!
· Mallorca312 (312km ride in a day) - Completed
· London Revolution (296km ride over 2 days) - Completed
· Tour of Wessex (536km ride over 3 days) – Completed
· Dragon Tour (500km ride over 3 days, including the infamous Dragon Devil – 302 km in a day) -– Completed
· Chase the Sun (328km ride in a day) – Completed
· Hot Chilli London to Paris (520km ride over 3 days) – Completed
· L'Etape du Tour (142km ride in the Alps) – Completed
· River Dart 10km (10km swim) – Completed
· o2e's Big Kev’s Bike Ride (480km over 3 days) – Completed
· No alcohol during Big Kev’s Bike Ride 2015 – Completed
· The Big One: Barcelona Ironman (3.8km swim, 180km ride and 42km run) – Completed
This is all the more amazing when you consider that about 5 years ago Chris was involved in a serious car accident whilst out cycling which would have ended the sporting careers of most sane people. The possibility of running for fun was dismissed by his medical team who treated him after his accident.
Chris is an inspiration to us all and the next time when you are training or competing you should use him for motivation. Chris, in a word you truly are EXTRAORDINARY!
Well-put Skells and just a magnificent sporting year from Chris-Top Drawer Mate
Yet another event coming up!
After sorting route with Rafe for Big Kev’s ride and then not being able to make it Brett is going to ride from Calais to Waterloo (174.4 miles) in one day!
Brett will be joined by Rafe and Keith and are cycling today. Brett’s motivation is in his words ‘ Having planned and sorted the route I could not bear the moaning at the ball if I did not do the ride!!!!
Photo taken this morning 10:15
Follow them at http://www.forgot.co.uk/wheresrafe/
Brilliant effort Brett and of course Rafe and Keith-Top Drawer Mate
Good luck to Home Nations in the rugby this weekend and this is how England will be preparing for the quarter final
Have a great weekend,