Below is a copy of the terms and conditions for you to review as they must be adhered to.
Regulations Terms and Conditions
We, the organisers, have a responsibility, duty of care towards our participants. The following regulations are to be followed for the duration of the event.
- You must be over 18 years of age on the day of the event to participate BUT younger riders may ride the route with written parental consent.
- A parent or guardian must accompany riders under the age of sixteen.
- Riders will be responsible for the road worthiness of their own cycle.
- Tri-bars are acceptable; however they are not to be used in group riding.
- Riders will be set off in small groups at intervals of no less than 2 mins but start times are flexible.
- You must obey all traffic rules & regulations. You are requested to ride in single file where appropriate and no more than 2 abreast at any time. Please be aware of your fellow cyclists and any other traffic. Please always indicate your intention to stop or change direction. All cyclists must adhere to and obey the Highway Code and laws of England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland where applicable and extend all reasonable courtesy to other road users.
- You may not deviate from the official route. From start to finish there will be signage marking the route. Direction will be indicated by signs placed clearing at or before junctions. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILTY OF ALL RIDERS TO TAKE THE CORRECT ROUTE. – there wont be signage this time – maybe delete this passage….
- You may not deviate from the official route. From start to finish there will be signage marking the route. Direction will be indicated by signs placed clearing at or before junctions. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILTY OF ALL RIDERS TO TAKE THE CORRECT ROUTE.
- It is mandatory THAT ALL riders wear a safety approved cycling helmet complying with latest ANSI Z90/4 OR SNELL standards. Any rider not wearing a helmet will be disqualified from the event. The rider must accept this as a condition of entry.
- Please do not use your mobile phone when riding and if taking or making calls please do it safely at the side of the road.
- The organisation reserves the right to terminate an individual’s ride on health and safety grounds.
- The rides will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, rerouted or stopped for reasons of safety. Entry fees, however, are not refundable.
- The organisers will endeavour to provide fluid and some form of food at designated feed zones however, we cannot guarantee supplies will always be available and urge riders to only take what they need and be mindful of the needs of those following behind.
- No rider may take food or drink from anyone whilst on the move; if you need food or drink you must stop to receive it.
- Individual support cars are strictly forbidden; any participants seen to use one will be taken out of the event and disqualified.
- All riders carry a form of identification showing their name, address and/or contact details of a person to be advised in the eventuality of an accident.
- It is also advised that all participants carry 2 drinks bottles, energy bars, tools, replacement inner tubes and suitable wet weather gear, money, mobile phone, spare inner tubes and a working pump, as well as extra clothing to complete the ride being undertaken, taking into account the route and possible adverse weather conditions.
- You will be required to attach your rider number to your bicycle for identification purposes and health and safety reasons.
Entry Terms and Conditions
- I understand that I participate completely at my own risk and that the organisers will not be held responsible for any damage, injury or loss however caused by me.
- I understand that provided accommodation/transport is used at my/our own risk and that the organisers will not be held responsible for any damage, injury or loss however caused.
- I agree to wear a safety approved cycling helmet complying with latest ANSI Z90/4 OR SNELL standards for the duration of the event.
- Entry fee(s) are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- I declare myself medically fit and able to participate in the challenge. By entering the challenge, I waive any liability on the part of the organiser due to medical grounds.
- Cyclosportives are designed as events for serious cyclists who have the strength, endurance and stamina to successfully complete the challenge. Please ensure you have done the right level of training to go for your standard and/or chosen distance.
- If I am under 18, I have the written consent by parent or guardian to ride the course, which is included. If I am under 16, my parent or guardian will also accompany me throughout the duration of the event by bicycle.
All personal data collected here will only be used for the booking process and event management.