- Wearing of a cycle helmet is mandatory
- Observe traffic rules (see also Cycling in Europe page)
- Carry a mobile phone (you will be provided with contact numbers for support)
- Carry your passport
- Carry some Euros
- Ensure your bike is suitable and has been serviced. Carry two spare inner tubes, a puncture repair kit and a pump
- Carry a lightweight waterproof/windproof jacket as the weather can be just as changeable as the UK
- Your bike should have lights in case of inclement weather
- Do not ride on your own, contact support if you are unable to locate a riding partner
Important Notes re Support
Whilst we have an excellent support team they are very busy so could take a considerable time to get to you; Please don’t rely on support for minor things such as a puncture as it’ll make a long day in the saddle even longer and distract them away from other tasks. Also note that if you are on a dedicated cycle path, support may not be able to get to your exact location, in this case you will need to walk to the nearest intersection with a road.
By taking part in this event you are acknowledging the fact that neither O2e or the Organiser have any liability in the event of an accident or claim that may subsequently arise. You also acknowledge that the responsibility for insuring your bicycle and your own person and belongings together with public liability is yours.
Full Rules & Disclaimer